Monday, April 9, 2007

Om blogaya namaha

Hello to you all,In true Indian tradition, I would like to start this blah-blah account by paying my respects to the god of the Blog. Intha medium-la namma oor vazhakkapadi elumichankai nasukki thengai udaikka mudiyala. Athukku pathila inga irukkara pazhaiya mouse-a udaichu en blog-a aarambikkiraen.I plan to talk about what comes in my mind whenever I'm succesful in finding mine. Otherwise I shall fill you with junk and leave you to generate knowledge from junk like generating power from waste. If you expect things like opinions about Bush, Reservation policies in India, the social and political structure of India, global warming, then you will be disappointed. This blog is going to be about the inner thoughts of a south Indian man dulled by 7 years of work in the software industry and who has no clue about what the next hour holds for him, leave alone next day or month or year. People always say that I'm a man with a hidden mission. Unfortunately that's not the case. I'm planning to have a commission to choose my mission soon. More of that later. Ok, enough of vettu-kothu.The main purpose of this blog is to break ground and put the first post here. There are some things which touched my heart this week apart from my vest. They are the stock market and the stock market. Machaan, I will tell you, they really make you bleed out there. I went in search of a rosy future and they gave me the finger. I'm really going to sue these bloody FIIs and the mutual fund managers who are really creepy. They pull the carpet from under your feet just when you step on it. Naan vaangum pothu vikkuraanunga. Naan vikkum pothu vaanguraanunga. Romba kazhzhaattam aaduraangaba! Anyways I'm not going to bore you further with the statistics of my inspiring losses but I'm just saying think before you direct ICICI to buy a small piece of any company this month.The long memorial weekend must have been great for people who had a plan and it should have sucked for those who did not. I did not! But I played tennis for a couple of hours on Sunday morning and again a couple of hours on sunday evening. Morning I defeated the guy I played, with a set score of 6-2. Evening he defeated me by 6-0 and 6-0. Dude that was so suckin. The reason is this. I squeezed in a four hour walmart showdown with my wife and I promise you Walmart is the biggest exercise physically and mentally for a South Indian Tamil Paiyyan who is married or has a girlfriend. We walked and talked and decided and vetoed all my decisions and decided and talked. De-moralising. Nowhere else my decision is worth less than this. This cycle happened for all the products in more or less all divisions of Walmart. It is EXHAUSTING!!!Last thing to be discussed here is this. With all this hype about how reserving a seat in the last row in the engineering/medical college can be more and more hazardous for people of some origin, I dreamt about this. I dreamt that there is reservation in train reservations and bus reservations also after 12 years, 2 kids and a big tummy. My wife is standing beside me and I'm begging an unknown TTE that I'm an NRI from canada and not to include my seats in the open quota and to put me in the NRI quota. He asked me lanja for 40 canadian dollars (some love for FOREX huh) and I gave him that and he let me go. While I did that, I was stared at by all the under-previleged upper clases who had to sit in a seperate compartment. That was absolutely crazy. But the way it goes, I will not be surprised. Reservation-ukke reservationaa?!!!I wish you all a happy anacin day/night now that you have come this far. Anyways, leave some comments with good words in it. Jai Hind! ;)

No comments: