Monday, April 9, 2007

Sky diving

have wanted to sky dive ever since I came to Toronto. No, I donot believe toronto's sky is better than any other sky. Just that there are many people around me here who have dived from Toronto sky.Last week, I happened to talk to a colleague of mine who had done canoeing. I was interested again in that too. It's then I realised that the adventure bug has'stung' me really! I remember the first time ever I came nearer to such experiences. We went to MGM Dizzee world, a theme park in chennai when we were in my college first year. We were a bunch of wild first years. You know how engineering college first year students can be. Ready to dare anything after getting ragged like hell by seniors. That was a period when we wanted to beat the world. So we were there, ready to go into those rides. I went on the first ride and shit ... it was so scary for me. In the second ride, I went down from the world-daring first year student to the original me scared of getting dangled again from heights. But my friends were real daredevils and continued on all the things. I remember telling them that it is not the heights but a stomach upset, as if more g-force is going to react with idly and sambar making it rocket fuel. I tried to play as cool as possible. In the end, I really missed out on all the fun. After each ride those guys were coming out with sillier grins and hearty laughs and I could not imagine how that was possible. I always came out with the effect of having gone through a pregnancy.So here Iam, the scared guy ready to once again try out all these adventures. Near Toronto, we have whitewater rafting in a four hours drive. Sky diving is near niagara. Canoeing is also nearby. And there is a wonderland similar to disneyland where they are equally competent in scaring the shit out of guys like me with all those rides. I heard that there is bungee jumping and also rope-hanging seesaw where they hang you with a rope and pull sideways till your body is parellel to the ground and you can see all those people down from a birds eyeview. Then they let you go. Poor soul will be going around here and there for at least five minutes like the pendulum of the clock. They also videoshoot this wonderful experience and give it to you free it seems. I will never get that video even though it is free. Thinking about it again, I shall send it to Manoj night shyamalan, he can use those reactions in one of his movies.I'm first trying to learn to swim in preparation for the rafting. Other things need more practice in daring which I think I might have after 1 and a half years of marriage(It had been a very happy thing except for some nail-biting moments, when vessels were flying all over. No, I'm just kidding .. he he .. As u can guess, my wife may read this post. :)) ).This is my agenda for this summer and I hope things workout.

No comments: