Friday, April 4, 2008

Return to roots

My onsite is coming to an end. I have to go back to India by May 31.
Oru mudivula irunthu thaan pudhu arambam varum. :) (Yaenna onnu mudincha thaan innonnu arambikka mudiyum .. athan)
But suddenly my feet are getting stuck and I donot want to go back.
I'm getting afraid of cow dungs in streets, hot sun, karunanidhi, jayalalitha, team members,
salaray in rupee, traffic. I also am looking with 'echai' in 'naaku' at good veg biriyanis, fantastic restaurants, east coast road, seeniyoda thanni, ninaicha neram vacation, paathiram kaluva house maid, et al. India is the only place in the world where the day can be filled with a lot of diverse things. In the same day, u can talk sophisticatedly to ram down a technical point with great oratory in office and go straight to market and haggle with the poor veg seller for 2 rupees. Probably this is what makes indians more street smart. Ever since I have come to Canada, I donot hv any oppurtunity to practise these precious Indian skills. Carla idichavantaa sandai pottu kaasu vangurathu .. signal podaama poravanai ketta varthaila thittittu kaathu kizhiya horn adikkarathu .. There is no place else where u can enjoy more personal freedom by abusing public decency and freedom. At the same time, I'm also afraid of the things I mentioned.

8 comments:

Siva said...

"pathiram kaluva house maid .." unn kashtam puriyuthu :-)

Baranidharan said...

Kavalai padathae macchi seekiram vanthu seiraen

Seenivasan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seenivasan said...

ellam okay but 'seeniyoda thanni' nadakkadhu pola irukkaey machi.

I might be leaving for Edinburgh (Scotland) this weekend. :(

Irukkavaey irukku tele-oothu.

one word of caution. Married life in India is much tougher than bachelor life. I am so frustrated at the number of calls & visits that I have to make every time to replace my empty gas cylinder with filled ones.

Pray that you never have to go to any govt offices for anything. They will make your life miserable. I have had lot of such experiences.

Not that I am threatening. Just be ready for a few challenges. :)

Arasan said...

"cow dungs in streets", konjam over thaan....

karunanithi, jayalalitha...avanga paatukku avanga undu avanga arasiyal undunu irukaanga...unnai enna panaanga...

romba interesting pesura machi nee...

enjoy pannu...canada la romba naal irunthathuku india oru nalla break-a irukkum machi...

Seenivasan said...

by the way i thought you were coming hto India for a few months only...adhukkaey ivlo alapparaya? daei idhellam over-da.

unnayellam captain-kittayum action king kittayum vittu naattup patrunna ennannu class edukka vaikkanum.

senthil said...

seeeeeni .. naan india varum pothu nee onsite pora .. naan onsite pohum pothu nee india varra .. kopper-pisiru madhiri namma natpu thodarutheydaa .. Whaat is this!!!

I'm going to india for good from Satyam ... But I might hv a chance to come back .. :)

Seenivasan said...

for good? looks like it is not for 'good'.